PEC Nature Camp provides a spacious indigenous adventure camp, picnic, team building and nature park. It is located on the scenic foothills of the rolling Ngong Hills, about 40 km south of Nairobi in Corner baridi, off Magadi road, just 6km past Kiserian town. We Connect people with nature!
Creates and provide wide variety of nutritional and economical meals, from grill and a la carte menu
throughout grounds activities for staff and clients. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Provide adequate food preparation and services, such as menu planning for buffets and staff
2. Having meals ready on time, according to activities schedules.
3. Take inventory of kitchen stock and inventory, especially before and after events and ensure
zero wastage and minimal leftover.
4. Order and ensure quality of food stock and its preservation in kitchen.
5. Maintain cleanliness and of kitchen, kitchen staff, kitchen staff uniform and kitchen
6. Ensuring safe kitchen practices are applied.
7. Develop and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes for
kitchen as well as orient kitchen staff on it.
8. Report any malfunction of kitchen equipment to the manager.
9. Supervise serving of mean and clean up after meals.
10. Organise and coordinate kitchen staff using proper communication and motivation.
11. Develop and nurture kitchen human resource and cultivate positive work environment.
Report and perform related work as required or allocated by manager and directors or supervisor.
- Has practical cooking skills for large groups, must be familiar with basic meal recipes and
- Experience supervising staff, and the ability to get along well with colleagues; children,
youth and adults.
- Strong interest in nutrition, food, agriculture and nature.
- Experience in meal planning and ordering supplies.
- Experience in leading a team, meal planning helpful.
- Mature person with strong Christian beliefs and practices.
- Problem solver with positive attitude and role flexibility.
- Knowledge of first aid and health & nutrition added advantage.
- Related Degree, Diploma or Certification added advantage.
Note: He/she must be willing to move to/near the campsite (Kiserian).
If you are up to the task, please submit your resume through firstname.lastname@example.org on or
before 20th June 2018.