PEC Nature Camp provides a spacious indigenous adventure camp, picnic, team building and nature park. It is located on the scenic foothills of the rolling Ngong Hills, about 40 km south of Nairobi in Corner baridi, off Magadi road, just 6km past Kiserian town. We Connect people with nature!
Facilitates people of all ages and abilities through low and high ropes challenge course elements,
zipline and climbing wall. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Attend all training sessions.
2. Facilitate of clients on activities, such as, but not excluding Zipline, High and Low Ropes
courses, climbing wall, Nature Walks, Hiking, Team Building and Camp programs.
3. Ensuring briefing and debriefing of clients through activities.
4. Abiding to delegated session Rosters.
5. Ensuring knowledge and applicable skills of activities in activity portfolio.
6. Have activities ready for any given occasion on the grounds, as issued by activities manger /
7. Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes.
8. Ensure compliance of safety standards, including first aid response and camp site.
9. Aid in activity grounds and equipment maintenance, repairs, keeping of order and
10. Aiding in ensuring camp site and nature trail are well maintained, kept to an improving
standard at all times.
11. Aid in managing course, to ensure standards are upheld.
12. Oversee cleanliness of course, personal hygiene, personal uniform and course equipment.
13. Ensure course and course equipment are maintained and used appropriately by clients during
activities and major events.
14. Ensure clients on follow rules of the course.
15. Document all accident incidents on both clients and yourself.
16. Cooperate and aid in other camp activities as requested by the directors or supervisor and
camp manager, such as, but not limited to: registration, office duties, evening recreation,
oversee restaurant operations, campfire and organising / coordinating meals.
17. Support planning and implementation of marketing activities and programs.
- Must be physically able to climb with extra weight and spend extended periods of time at
40+ feet in our high ropes course, zipline and climbing tower.
- Must have strong outdoor leadership skills and experience.
- Must possess good human relations skills and positive attitude.
- Must have expendable time.
- Previous experience or certification working as a rock climbing instructor/ropes course
facilitator is a plus, but training will be provided.
- An interest in or experience working in a camp setting and camp programs is preferable.
- Ability to work with colleagues and clients with professionalism and respect.
- Willingness to work outside everyday regardless of the weather.
- Knowledge of first aid, safety and safe use of challenge and sports equipment,
environmental studies, land scaping, bookkeeping, farming, photography, waiting tables,
food and nutrition, customer care, and natural talents is an added advantage.
Note: He/she must be living or willing to move to somewhere near the campsite (located at Corner Baridi, Kiserian).
If you are up to the task, please submit your resume through firstname.lastname@example.org